AC&C encourages all pet owners to consider all options for help prior to surrendering your pet to one of our centers. While we never turn away a pet in need, we are also here to help you keep your pet.
Through the AC&C Admissions Department and agreements with partnering organizations, AC&C is able to offer a variety of resources to assist pet owners in keeping their pets.
- Reduced routine veterinary care
- Funding for emergency veterinary care
- Free and reduce spay/neuter
- Behavior advice and trainer referrals
- Reduced fee pet boarding
- Assistance with tenant/landlord disputes, including NYCHA issues
- Assistance for individuals entering DHS temporary housing
- In home assistance for the elderly or disabled
- General pet care supplies
Among our oldest partners is Pet Help Partners, a program that provides free and reduced cost resources to pet owners to assist them in keeping their pet.
Please call 917.484.3169 (from 9AM – 5PM) for more information before you consider surrendering your pet.